Why Small Businesses Should Outsource IT Services
As you know, managing a small business comes with a variety of responsibilities – from accounting and marketing to customer service and HR (and everything in between). IT is one of the most complicated company necessities that many startups can’t successfully handle in-house. According to a recent study, 27% of U.S. small businesses plan to outsource IT services in 2021. IT services are among the most commonly outsourced jobs in small businesses. But why should you jump on the outsourcing bandwagon?
The Advantages of IT Outsourcing
IT is everywhere. Nowadays, IT is the glue that holds many businesses, both big and small, together. It helps modern companies manage operations and can even lead to growth if appropriately utilized. You can reap many benefits when you outsource your IT services. When you do this, you can enjoy:
- Reduced Costs: Employing an outsourced IT provider can reduce the costs of recruiting, hiring, and training an in-house employee. You get a talented team that can work remotely, ultimately saving on office supplies and additional computer setups.
- Increased Efficiency: Operating with an “I can do everything myself” attitude can potentially backfire, as it can slow down productivity and make processes harder and lengthier than they should be. Hiring an IT provider allows you to use your time wisely and improve your company’s efficiency overall.
- The Ability to Concentrate on What’s Important: Outsourcing your IT services gives you and your employees the freedom to focus on the meat and potatoes of your business, such as customer service, developing new ideas, boosting sales, meeting deadlines, improving the quality of your products and services, etc.
- Improved Cybersecurity: Online safety and data protection can be difficult to manage on your own. With a team of IT professionals on your side, you can avoid countless cyber-attacks, data breaches, and other potential threats to your company.
- Continual Updates: Chances are, you’re not an IT expert. Plus, you have many other things to worry about that don’t revolve around IT. Outsourcing your IT can help you stay updated on the latest trends and technology that can inevitably improve your business and help you remain competitive in your industry. Logistically, your IT team will also ensure that your tech devices are updated regularly.
- Implementation of a Disaster Recovery Plan: Planning for a disaster is critical, as your computers and systems hold valuable and sensitive information about your company and your customers. An outsourced IT team can employ risk management techniques and help you prepare for any emergency that comes your way. In the event of a blackout, natural disaster, or other unfortunate situation, you’ll be thankful for your outsourced IT staff.
- Access to 24/7 Professional Assistance: Gone are the days of scratching your head and wondering why your computer stopped working, forgetting a password, or accidentally deleting important files. With outsourced IT, you can access immediate technical support to troubleshoot issues that arise and prevent costly downtime.
Does Your Company Need Outsourced IT Services?
When it comes to outsourcing IT, you need to consider your company’s size, services, budget, capabilities, and specific needs. Ask yourself if you lack any of the outsourced IT benefits mentioned above. If so, you may want to consider outsourcing.
Tech42 is a leading provider of managed IT services for Scranton and Wilkes-Barre, PA, and surrounding areas. Our team would love to partner with you as your outsourced provider to help your small business succeed. Contact us today at 570-209-7200 or online for a business tech consultation with one of our experts.
Michael is the President and owner of tech42 LLC. He has more than 20 years of cross-discipline experience in the information technology industry, and has worked both as a network engineer and software developer. He is a passionate student of the interaction between technology and business and leveraging that knowledge to help tech42’s clients achieve both technology and business success.