Why did you decide to get into the IT industry and how did you get here?
I had the opportunity to make a huge change in my career, as previously I had been 25 years in manufacturing and customer service. President and CEO of tech42 (Mike Pickreign) had been acquaintances for a few years and he was aware of my professional experience and background. He approached me with the idea of coming to work for him, so here I am.
Which of your skills benefits the success of tech42 most?
Hands down my customer service and management background.
In your opinion, what are the core values of tech42?
There is no debate on our core values, here is what they are:
2. Building long term relationships
3. Excellence in solution delivery
4. ongoing education and continue improvement
5. Honesty + Integrity
In a few words, what do you like most about working at tech42?
There are two things that really stick out for me
1. To be part of the solution for so many people and their tech needs and security. The appreciation we get for helping people day in and day out, I know we make a difference for them.
2. tech42 is like family, I know it may seem like a cliche comment, but it’s true. We are not just a company, but we are a group of people who not only care for each other, but we care for our clients in the same manner. It’s amazing to be a part of something like this.
What are some things you like to do when you aren’t working?
I like computer gaming and all kinds of sports.